Biodata of Sayadaw U Ottamasara
- Sayadaw U Ottamasara was born in Sagaing Division, Upper Myanmar on 26th October 1969. His parents are U Tin Maung and Daw Khin Khin Myint.
- He passed the Matriculation examination with flying colours in 1986. After completing, his degree B.A (English, Honours) at Yangon University, he started his business and he became succeeding greatly in his business within a short period till 1999.
- After 1999, he became losing greatly in his business and he became having the great sadness upon his business. Under the suggestion of one of his friends in order to find out how to abandon his great sadness, he started to learn the Vipassana Meditation under Mogok Vipassana Teachers.
- In his learning about it with his great persistent attempt practically and theoretically, he began to know the real peace of mind deeper and deeper and he could begin to abandon his great sadness more and more.
- And then, he took the intensive vipassana meditaion retreat at International Meditation Centre of (Sayagyi U Ba Khin) and Dhamma Joti Meditation centre of (SN Goenkaji) at Yangon.
- Again, after taking the intensive vipassana meditation retreat at Mogok Vipassana Meditation main centre at Yangon, he could abandon all his stress and sadness totally which will never appear.
- From that time, he abandoned his business and properties totally and established the Wisdom Sharing Foundation with the name of “From Avijja to Vijja” which has later become the only one best place for the collection of the media (books, mp3CD, CD, VCD and tapes etc; ) of Vipassana Meditation of Buddhism in wide range of traditions all over the world and he was so popular in the field of Buddhist religion and other religion in Myanmar.
- In 2002, he was ordained in Yangon by the Sayadaw U Nayyasagara and started to teach the vipassana meditation to the meditators (yogis) which has difficulty in progress and has been giving the Dhamma talks of vipassana meditation at school, various hospitals and dying suffering people, people from other religion and patients given up by doctors and physicans.
- In 2007, he has established the downtown meditation centre (45th street meditation centre) and Thanlyin Natural meditation centre (Tha Bar Wa Meditation Centre) at Yangon.